Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Tree in a Truck

Turns out Wyoming is about to be a little bit famous. Because the Christmas tree that's going to grace the US Capitol this year is from our very own Bridger-Teton National Forest. I don't really know too much more about it than that (and am not sure I want to...old-growth tree, lots of fossil fuels required, etc. etc. etc.) but even that little bit of info is maybe a wee bit abstract for a couple of two-year-olds.

Suffice it to say that the coolest things about the Capitol Christmas tree coming through our little town last weekend for a sneak preview before its long journey east were 1) all the police/ranger cars/trucks with flashing lights, and 2) the tractor trailers that will haul the tree and its accompanying water supply all the way to Washington, D.C. Very cool. Added bonus was the impromptu toddler hug/manhandling session. (If you look closely just above the hugging toddlers you can see, through that plexiglass window, the teeniest glimpse of the soon-to-be-famous tree. I know. Crazy exciting, huh?)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Alaskan Auntie said...

I wonder if that tree hauling will use half of the fossil fuels that our (in)famous old-growth will use as she plots her continuing movement to Washington DC?

(Sorry, I've just read that she said today she can beat Obama. As if she's even in the same category. I'm so depressed.)

November 17, 2010 at 9:10 PM  
Anonymous Gran said...

Fun pics again. You write the BEST stories. Alaska Auntie, not to worry. She's no where near cool enough to beat Obama! She's just talking and bringing in more money for herself, sort of like an adult Paris Hilton.

November 18, 2010 at 8:12 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home