Oh, February
Apparently we haven't been inspired to take photos this month. I just emptied my camera and there were two from art class last week (see sweater/tights/boots pic below) and the handful I took outside today while taking a break from shoveling a foot of snow. Sigh. What can be said? Sure the days are getting longer, but so are the icicles. At least they were until temps dropped to -5.
But. In the ongoing effort to keep things positive here in the middle of winter, I offer up a few random things that we've been finding funny and/or wonderful lately.
But. In the ongoing effort to keep things positive here in the middle of winter, I offer up a few random things that we've been finding funny and/or wonderful lately.- Tonight at dinner Hayden made a face like the one in the first photo above, which is his voice-lowering face (a two-year-old lowering his voice is hilarious in and of itself) and said, "I'm a guy. Hello. I have a beard." Where did this come from? If you know, please do tell.
- For the last couple of months Hayden's been reciting "The Owl and the Pussycat" in its entirety. It's pretty great. Do you think he'll do it when the camera's on? Ha. There are a bunch of other poems he loves to recite, too, and by gawd one of these days he's going to learn a Billy Collins poem and be featured on NPR.
- Current favorite (his and Mom's) line from a song is "There's a big truck honkin' in my heart!" Enough said.
- Hmm. I could've sworn there was more.






3 Comments:
Oh what fun. He's just such a funny, special little guy. Your writing is fun to read and I'm ready to here him on NPR. Tell him I have a big ole truck honking in my heart for him! Love you all,
Whoops, that should have been hear him on NPR. TyposRUs I guess!
I'm so glad he's liking Laurie Berkner! Our fave too at that wise little age!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home