Where Has November Gone?
Good grief, it's nearly Thanksgiving, and what do we have to show for ourselves around here? Let's see. Daddy went on a three-day canoeing trip last week on the San Juan River in southern Colorado/Utah...

Hayden has gotten into helping Mama wash the dishes...which inevitably ends with an impromptu bath on the kitchen floor (and occasionally a bath OF the kitchen floor).

Together (and in matching overalls, of course) Hayden and Daddy have been studying up on their bird identification. (The raptors can be tricky.)

And Mama has been hard at work at the sewing machine, whipping up some holiday stockings.

In other news, Hayden knows the letters B, G, H, I, M, N, O, Q, S, and sometimes Y.
He surprised me last week by pointing to an oval in a shape book and saying "obal." He apparently has also learned triangle, square, pentagon, and "wheel" (otherwise known as a circle), without our meaning to teach them. He's talking up a storm, and has begun to discern how to use the word "no" to the greatest benefit. So far we've been spared any full-on tantrums, although I imagine they are right around the corner. Even so, he's a sunny, happy, cheerful guy!

Hayden has gotten into helping Mama wash the dishes...which inevitably ends with an impromptu bath on the kitchen floor (and occasionally a bath OF the kitchen floor).

Together (and in matching overalls, of course) Hayden and Daddy have been studying up on their bird identification. (The raptors can be tricky.)

And Mama has been hard at work at the sewing machine, whipping up some holiday stockings.

In other news, Hayden knows the letters B, G, H, I, M, N, O, Q, S, and sometimes Y.
He surprised me last week by pointing to an oval in a shape book and saying "obal." He apparently has also learned triangle, square, pentagon, and "wheel" (otherwise known as a circle), without our meaning to teach them. He's talking up a storm, and has begun to discern how to use the word "no" to the greatest benefit. So far we've been spared any full-on tantrums, although I imagine they are right around the corner. Even so, he's a sunny, happy, cheerful guy!


2 Comments:
Wow, you guys are busy! Sounds like a great, happy life though. I miss you all. Love the stockings, they're beautiful. What a little guy. I can hardly wait to see him.
What an interesting mix of letters Hayden is learning ... I love your photos and updates! You guys sound great.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home