Road Trip
We took a little drive to Jackson and Teton Park yesterday for a change of scenery. And what lovely scenery it is! Especially if you don't count the throngs of shockingly well-coiffed tourists and "locals" rushing this way and that, spending money like they've got it. (Oh, wait. They do!) A fine outing overall, although it always feels good to get back to little ole' Lander.
Dorky? Oh yes. But I wanted to get a shot of the new sweater I made, in all its hooded glory.
The first view of the Tetons, from Togwotee Pass (and a moving car).
Breakfast at The Bunnery. (Cheerios from home.)
Bananas and milk on the go.
More Tetons-from-the-car. Because, why not?
Walking up to the new Rockefeller Preserve. Locals: check it out next time you're in the park.
"Feels like rain to me, Pops."
Tim does a little woodworking research at the Preserve's visitor center.
It might be hard to tell, but Hayden was actually WAY into this waterfall.
Oops. Better luck with the self-portrait next time.
SO funny when Dad blows in your hair.
Dinner break at Snake River Overlook. Hayden likes to hang out the windows, even if it's raining. Tim tried showing him the ravens and the trees and the mountains, but he was more interested in all the motorcycles going by.
Totally gratuitous sweater shot. Did I mention that I made it? And that it's got a hood?
Sleepy. (Please ignore the abrasion on the chin. Learning to walk is a dangerous business.)
Dorky? Oh yes. But I wanted to get a shot of the new sweater I made, in all its hooded glory.
The first view of the Tetons, from Togwotee Pass (and a moving car).
Breakfast at The Bunnery. (Cheerios from home.)
Bananas and milk on the go.
More Tetons-from-the-car. Because, why not?
Walking up to the new Rockefeller Preserve. Locals: check it out next time you're in the park.
"Feels like rain to me, Pops."
Tim does a little woodworking research at the Preserve's visitor center.
It might be hard to tell, but Hayden was actually WAY into this waterfall.
Oops. Better luck with the self-portrait next time.
SO funny when Dad blows in your hair.
Dinner break at Snake River Overlook. Hayden likes to hang out the windows, even if it's raining. Tim tried showing him the ravens and the trees and the mountains, but he was more interested in all the motorcycles going by.
Totally gratuitous sweater shot. Did I mention that I made it? And that it's got a hood?
Sleepy. (Please ignore the abrasion on the chin. Learning to walk is a dangerous business.)


5 Comments:
That really is an excellent sweater!! Cute kid, too...
What a fun trip. You guys really do know how to have a good time. Love the sweater, even though I saw pre-zipper. Looks great. Love the pictures of course. Fun!!!
the trip looks fun, the sweater MARVELOUS!!
Oh, are you wearing a sweater?
excellent documentation stef, and since my work is based on shots from the car window, I found your "car shots" very appealing.
Boarded up row house or The Grand Tetons - we are all tourists in some way or another.
I love the photo with Hayden in Tim's arms wondering about rain.
Your sweater kicks ass, too.
Have you heard of the film called Handmade Nation ? About the growing craft, knitting, DIY movement in this country.
Best,
Kelly in Baltimore
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home